Guys. I can hardly contain the insides of me right now. I feel like at any minute I may just spill out of me. Here's the short version for the peeps who really don't like reading.
Today is the day.
Today is the day that we launch the vehicle that will help drive 08's mission and soon, very soon after this launch we will be launching our mentoring portal - could life be any cooler than right now?
Origin8 Cultivates Youth Thru Projects of Purpose…. come adventure with us.
When you combine your truest talents and your deepest passion with an authentic goal I believe anything is absolutely possible. Dreaming ideas is intoxicating to me but executing them is what fills me. Over the last six years, I have become more honest with myself. I've become my own critic, actually I've always been my only critic… I'm not saying I haven't been criticized, but at the end and beginning of everyday since I was a child it is only me, my heart and what I feel that I answer to and in doing so I have been able to grow in ways those who cannot face their faults could ever dream of.
I have never been afraid to face forward and lean directly into the difficult, challenging or dark scenarios of myself or of others. Finding potential strategies to try, apply and play out is where I find my best effort and I am ever so grateful that I am LUCKY enough to be able to lean into the wind today. Often, now when the wind starts howling in my domain, I find myself tickled almost- at the fact that through it I know I'm going to figure out more shit I never even knew I needed to discover. I thoroughly recommend taking a walk in on the windy path, perhaps if we were more honest with ourselves we wouldn't find ourselves up shit's creek in so many ways that we are up in today. I dare you to stop excluding the darker, harder more challenging things and people in your life and begin appreciating, investigating and exploring the perfection of miracles within in them.
Today is a super- fantastical day for me spiritually, meaning within my very real being, I am enthralled with serious levels of "OMG this is so awesome." Today, is the day that we unveil Origin8's virtual space, its launch pad from which more creativity will grow from, a place where further execution can take place. I feel the urge to share some truths I watched appear as we built it and as our vision unfolded.
1) Authentic people always find each other, stick together and grow together and are able to PRODUCE.
2) When you combine authentic passion, and truest talent…. building something with a grand vision from nothing is beyond doable- it's super awesome trying to do it too.
3) No matter how old or young you are, you can create an idea, learn everything you need to know to achieve it, and execute it as if you were genius at it all along.
4) Trust is not something you risk externally, trust is an inner ownership.
5) If you have never built a website, don't know how to code a site - build the damn website. Whether you are 22 or 58, you can and will learn, understand and master things complex and foreign to you, and you will THRIVE doing so.
6) The truth always finds itself. No matter what stories people say, no matter uneducated opinions they hold of you, rest very easy my friend, your signature will reach out far and wide into the big deep human collective, bringing to you your tribe.
7)Being honest with someone is the greatest gift you can give them. When you have a problem or you are faced with struggle within a relationship, be wo/man enough to give them the respect they deserve and talk about the tough things before you cast them aside. This fearful alienation you see going around masked by new age touchy feel goodness( cast out negativity) isn't helping our species evolve. All of life is utter contrast. Do not alienate, cast aside or close your books on anyone who has ever helped you without having the balls to discuss things, develop strategies for you BOTH to grow from the conflict- to do so otherwise not only shows you cannot handle your own potential but you certainly have no business keeping whatever that person has helped you with, be it a kind gesture, an idea, or other gifts. Be REAL, face your problems, lean in, and lean in with love.
8)The universe always sends you pats on the back when you're going in the right direction. The day we registered Origin8, we were gifted an incredible gift from the universe: one of the largest law firms in our state took us on as a probono client and their wisdom has been invaluable- we even learned the things we were told legally in the past were literally simple nonsense- what a relief! I guess Joe Blow had an agenda after all! Who knew?! Ummn, we all did.
9) When you feel distracted by other people's drama or nonsense, recognize that the only thing you really truly need to do is absorb their difference, their offering to you, their message, and then just as quickly as you do, get your damn eye back on the ball- the obstacles are there to serve your progress- learn how to glean what you need from them and apply every ounce of your personal tenacity to your coupling of that new understudying to your end goal- and BOOOM! Magic shit happens I swear.
10) Be genuinely grateful to the people who help, who show up, who truly help you build ideas. Don't placate with charismatic written words and scripted lines. Sit with their gift to you and relish in the fact that their super hero power has been gifted to you.
11) Be YOU Boldly. Don't hold back, don't soften your edges, don't tighten your words, unleashing who you are at every stage of your development is fundamental for your growth, happiness and your own interpersonal contrast.
And now that I have written far more than I intended, and of topics I didn't realize I would…. I am so damn excited, so elated and so unbelievably grateful to be able to say that 08 is unleashing itself today. The people who stepped up to this initiative, some of which you will meet today, others will be teased out throughout the year are the most genuine, the most flexible and spectacular humans- thank you for walking this path with us…. to keep that balance of utter contrast, I look forward to inviting the misfits that aren't afraid to speak up, call people out,ruffle feathers and can sometimes seem ballsy, or "mean" into our growing organism, because I know for a fact that the BEST way to solve any problem is to understand it, bond with it and grow with it, not to exclude it, stomp your wittle feets and declare damnation.
I want to call special attention to my profound level of respect and admiration to someone in particular: Paula Earl. She never ever ceases to amaze me with what she is willing to attempt, to learn and to bloody well execute, we simply wouldn't have the site that we do if it wasn't for her fire. We love you Paula and have so much respect for your sheer capacity to achieve what matters to you.
Michelle, you are equally astounding. You aren't afraid of anything, expect for perhaps one thing, and I can relate to it with such intensity that words need not even be shared for us both to get what I'm saying. You are so freaking talented, such a creative genius and an "executioner" ( no hooded cape required;) and 08 is a beast because of your soul.
If I am to be half the woman either of you are in my coming years, I can put my feet up, head up and heart still.
Our volunteers, truly want to help youth grow in measurable, meaningful and actionable ways and we are ever grateful that they chose to place some of their passions with 08 including their legal expertise, artistic genius, people skills and so many other talents to mention. We are exceptionally grateful to have all of you guiding us with your unique gifts.
Our Mentors, lord what can one say about people with incredible expertise offering their time to a child? To me, it's magic that needs duplicating far more in our schools, or homes and our communities, thank you for sharing your strengths I look forward to learning from all of you.
Origin8 Cultivates Youth Through Projects of Purpose, and we cannot wait to begin unveiling the projects we are now able to devote our power to now that our website is complete.
Watch out world, O8 is on the loose and we're mad as a hatter passionate about unearthing possibilities for youth.
Let the adventures begin.